Planning and Development Forms

The Planning Department is in the process of transitioning to on-line submission of applications for the Planning and Zoning Commission (PZC), Inland Wetlands Agency (IWA), Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA), and Historic District Commission (HDC).  Please bear with us as it may take some time to completely transition away from paper forms and fillable pdfs to on-line applications. Applications and forms that are available for on-line submission are identified for each Board/Commission on the tabs below.

The Notices tab provides fillable pdf versions of required notices, including neighborhood/abutter notices as well as notices to Windham Water Works and the University of Connecticut for projects proposed within the Willimantic Reservoir watershed and aquifer protection areas, respectively.

  1. Historic District Commission
  2. Inland Wetlands Agency (IWA)
  3. Planning and Zoning Commission
  4. Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA)
  5. Notification Forms

A pre-application meeting with staff is encouraged prior to submitting an application with the Historic District Commission. Additional information on historic district requirements can be found in Chapter 197A, Connecticut General Statutes. Please email with any questions regarding the application process or to schedule a pre-application meeting.

Application Forms

A Certificate of Appropriateness is required for improvements to historic properties that are visible from a public right-of-way, including : new buildings (including out buildings), additional and/or renovations to existing buildings/structures, fences, walls, walkways, lighting, signs, propane gas tanks, swimming pools, driveways, parking lots, etc.