Meet the Music Instructors
The Community School of the Arts offers a variety of music lessons with professional artist educators. Please click on the instrument of interest below to view instructor biographies.
Meet the Visual Arts Instructors
- Ann Williams - Ann has been a multimedia artist for 50 years and art teacher for 28 years, teaching various mediums- drawing, painting, ceramics, sculpture, crafts,3 Advanced Placement courses and Early College Experience credit through UCONN.. Awarded CT Art Teacher of the Year twice, and Teacher of the Year at her high school and UCONN. Ann’s Art works are at Slater Museum, and in businesses and personal homes. Ann is a signature member of Arts Center East and Mystic Art Museum. She has exhibited regularly in CT Fine Arts Exhibits at Slater Museum, Lyman Allen Art Museum, and Arts Center East in Vernon, CT. Ann graduated from UCONN with a Bachelors of Fine Arts. She has a Masters and sixth year degree in Art Education. Presently Ann is an art instructor at the Community School of the Arts and at the Community Center. Ann will be teaching a variety of art classes: weaving, rendering in colored pencil, collage work etc.
- Nancy Cooke-Bunnell - Nancy, an award-winning pastel and acrylic painter, is an experienced state certified art teacher for over 18 years teaching to all ages. She has taught art at the Community School of the Arts, Art Center East, West Hartford Art League, and others. Her pastels have won first in the state at the CT Pastel Society and has won numerous high-ranking awards at Art Center East, The Munson Art Center., and throughout the state. Nancy has also shown work on Canyon Rd. in New Mexico.
- Reagen O’Reigaekn
- N. Yilmaz
Meet the Performing Arts Instructors
- Ann Kozikowski
- Arlene Albert - Arlene has taught adult and teen ballet with Mansfield Parks & Recreation for many years. She studied ballet in New Orleans under Lelia Haller and performed in many New Orleans area venues such as the New Orleans Spring Fiesta and Mardi Gras balls as well as with the New Orleans Opera, the New Orleans Symphony and the Loyola University Ballet. Arlene's program operates out of the Senior Center studio, with classes to encourage growth and learning in ballet for all levels of dancers.
- Kelly Zimmerman and Staff from Miss Kelly Productions - Kelly Zimmermann is directing her 19th production of The Nutcracker this year! Miss Kelly has an extensive resume of involvement of teaching arts in the community, including owning Miss Kelly's Dance & Drama, helping to choreograph some of the Mansfield Middle School musicals, and running summer theater camps, including Peter Pan for the CSA this past summer. This year is the sixth year that Miss Kelly's company, Miss Kelly Productions, has teamed up with CSA to bring the Nutcracker to our community. In this unique version of the show, everyone gets a part, and Miss Kelly and her team redesign the show each year to highlight the strengths of dancers. Kelly holds a M.S. in Early Childhood Education and is a certified pre-K - 3 teacher. She loves combining literature and dance, and helping students to become characters in the show.
- Mia (John) Pomerenke and Staff from Mansfield Academy of Dance